Some awesome stuff comes from the State of Tennessee!
The Nashville music scene, Mountain Dew, Jay Cutler (Just kidding, he’s horrible, but he did play at Vanderbilt), and Barrel Bourbon Batch 5!
|Often Appears Miserable|
- Mash bill: 70% corn, 26% rye, 4% malted barley
- Distilled in Tennessee
- Bottled at 124.7 proof
- Aged for 8 years, 3 months in charred white oak barrels
On with the review!
Color – Golden Amber
- Big vanilla bean ice cream, think Breyer’s, in a bowl with big brown sugar covered cookies! Soft and gentle, with a warming rye finish.
- Hints of charcoal, oak and leather and a buttery soft feel
With a few drops of water
- Brown Sugar and Butter Toffee come out with the same notes of vibrant vanilla
- The rye becomes more prominent, the finish warmer and spicier.
- Small notes of cherry appeared as well
So overall We’re looking at a solid A, equally on par with the legendary Batch #1.